Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just Say No

As obscure as it is (or at least as I perceive it to be), my technical blog gets its fair share of comment spam. Historically, most of that spam has concerned pharmaceuticals in some way.

I've culled some favorites from my pharmaceutical spam collection and I'd like to share them with you. Not so surprisingly, the comments below were all authored by "Anonymous".

Our first two selections would seem to indicate that not everyone is using pharmaceuticals in a prescribed way:

buy ambien online ambien cr 12.5mg cost - ambien and alcohol party

buy ambien online ambien 6 hours of sleep - ways get high ambien

Of course, pharmaceuticals are not just for you and your partying friends. Who needs "The Total Transformation" (no, I am not going to provide a link for this) when you can give your kids some diazepam?

buy diazepam online diazepam dosage for kids - diazepam emergency drug

Don't forget to save some for the family dog:

buy tramadol online reviews tramadol online pharmacy - tramadol 50mg used dogs

Just what Fido needs: some tramadol to chill him out. And I wouldn't want my fellow ailurophiles to feel left out:

buy valium online cat anxiety valium - valium online order

We've even got one for the walrus owners in the audience - goo goo g'joob!

cheap ambien no prescription ambien walrus needs more robot - ambien side effects for the elderly

Next, we have two "soma" comments. Per Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, I had thought that soma was a fictional thing - clearly I'm behind the curve on all of this.

buy soma buy soma online us pharmacy - buy soma store

buy soma where to buy soma bras - what is carisoprodol 350 mg (soma)

Soma bras?? My imagination goes to work: someone out there is selling bras that have been soaked in a soma solution so that wo/men can ingest soma by wearing them. (I hope I'm not giving anybody any ideas here.) As it happens, there is a lingerie retailer called Soma Intimates.

Moving on, if you're in the market for some fake xanax bars, we've got you covered:

buy xanax online no prescription cheap xanax drug test navy - order fake xanax bars

So how exactly are these people any different from illegal drug pushers? Oops, I spoke too soon:

xanax online Boston how to buy xanax online forum - xanax bars mixed with weed

Some of this spam gets through the Blogger spam filter and ends up in the "Published Comments" section; here are a few examples:

vimax, vimax, vimax vimax, vimax, vimax vimax, vimax, vimax vimax, vimax, vimax vimax, vimax, vimax

buy xanax online xanax overdose brain damage - signs drug abuse xanax

buy tramadol usa tramadol high triglycerides - tramadol death by overdose

I guess the first guy is really into vimax, huh? As for the brain damage and death by overdose of the latter two comments, it sure makes you want to rush out and try some xanax and tramadol, doesn't it?

Needless to say (and my snide commentary aside), America has a serious drug problem, and we are not talking meth, crack, or pot. Where is Nancy Reagan when we need her?

No comments:

Post a Comment